The Karnataka Legislative Assembly passed Seven Bills. Out of these seven bills, Six bills were passed without any discussion.
The following Bills were passed in the Karnataka Legislative Council:
- The Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- The Karnataka Education (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- The Karnataka Essential Services Maintenance Bill, 2013;
- The Karnataka Appropriation (No. 4) Bill, 2014;
- The Indian Succession (Karnataka Amendment) Bill, 2014;
- The Karnataka Municipalities and Certain Other Law (Amendment) Bill, 2014,
- The Karnataka Court Fees and Suits Valuation (Amendment) Bill, 2014.
The Karnataka Education (Amendment) Bill, 2014 has been vehemently opposed by members.
The Bill authorises the government to stop the practice of extending additional increment, payable to government school employees for passing service examination or Kannada language examination, to employees of aided educational institutions.